Monday, October 20, 2008

Season 3: Episode 3 Ratings


Previous week's ratings: EHC - 1.76 million, The Game - 1.9 million viewers


I'm disappointed, but I'm not going to panic just yet. If I recall correctly, the show was renewed for a whole season so I guess it won't be yanked mid season. I guess. I don't really know how that works. In any event the ratings are down again. I really don't think Nielsen is doing this show any justice, but that is another blog topic.


I've been lax about asking fans to write to the network since the season started, but we really have to get back on that. We should write letters frequently whether I'm bugging people to do it or not. I admit I have twice seen ads at other times than the usual ANTM spots. I saw an ad during Judge Mathis and then at another time during some show that I can't remember. I think we were flicking channels at the time. We need more of that. 50 Cent has a show coming out on MTV as do Real and Chance of I Love New York "fame".


The CW needs to be advertising this show on MTV during "urban" reality shows. They just have not been very creative when it comes to marketing for The Game. Maybe its because they are putting so much energy and money into the teen shows that they are insanely hoping will save the network despite their history to the contrary. Send them letters and give them ideas. So what if we don't have marketing degrees. We know what we watch and what we watch is where they should be advertising. Tell them that. If you watch 50's show or some of the other urban reality shows and you don't see an ad, shoot a letter off to The CW simply saying, "Why didn't I see any The Game ads during Real Chance at Love on MTV? That show has the same target demographic as The Game." Simple as that. Do it everytime you watch a black show. Think of it as helping out the CW marketing folks because they sure need help.


Click here to shoot off a letter right now. And don't forget to mention that you love the show. If it is your favorite show on TV say that too. Oh yeah, please mention the widget. The widget was designed to advertise the show yet the network doesn't update it in a timely fashion. You can watch the preview for the next week's show on The CW site the Saturday before the show comes out, yet here it is Monday and the widget still has the preview for last week's show. Why are they hiding the freaking previews? Tell them to update the dang widget at the same time the preview is available on The CW site. The goal is to lure new viewers not send people who are already fans of the show on a hunt for videos.

No comments: